Thank you for your interest in employment with National Housing Compliance (NHC). A career with NHC offers opportunities for personal challenge, growth, and development. To ensure our continued success NHC will always seek to add and draw from the talents of people who share our core values.
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
OVERVIEW - The Chief Financial Officer reports to the CEO and assumes a strategic role in the overall management of the company. The CFO will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial and technology related activities of the company. Assures all requirements of the performance-based contract are met, earning 100 percent of available fees for the corporation. Establishes and maintains financial and accounting systems to include preparation of monthly and year-end financial statements. Manages the normal operating income and expenses of the corporation. Prepares and monitors corporate budget. Authorizes and processes receipts for disbursements related to HAP contracts. Oversees and completes the monthly invoice/report to HUD. Ensures the financial integrity of the corporation. Participates as a member of the Executive Team.
MAJOR DUTIES -
- Direct responsibility for accounting, finance, corporate budget, forecasting, deal analysis and negotiations, and sub-contractor relationships.
- Provide the CEO with an annual corporate operating budget. Work closely with the CEO and executive leadership to ensure programmatic success through cost analysis support, and compliance with all contractual and HUD programmatic requirements.
- Develop and maintain systems of internal controls to safeguard financial assets and integrity of the organization. Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Oversee the management, process and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the organization including: organizational revenue/expense and balance sheet reports, monthly and year-end financial reports, and reports to HUD.
- Ensure integrity and credibility of the Accounting/Finance group in providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts.
- Keeps CEO apprised of all relevant financial issues impacting the corporation.
- Oversee the technology utilized by the corporation. Ensuring the integrity of the network, computer hardware/software, Internet, telephone systems, etc.
- Evaluates and advises on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/ strategies, and industry best practices. Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS - Four-year degree from an accredited college in finance, accounting, business. CPA/MBA degree preferred. Seven years high level supervisory and executive management experience in a financial capacity. Experience in federally assisted housing preferred. Five years of supervisory experience.
TO APPLY: Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer