INSTRUCTIONS: 5th Round: COVID-19 Supplemental Payment Requests
Pursuant to HUD Notice H 2022-06, dated October 31, 2022, NHC has been assigned by HUD to process COVID-19 Supplemental Payment Requests (CSP Requests) – Round V. Below are instructions on how to submit your CSP Request to NHC to ensure timely processing.
**DEADLINE: CSP Requests are due by February 21, 2023. **
Highlights of the Notice for Round V Requests include:
- Financial Eligibility for Round V Requests (expense incurred from November 1, 2021 through January 31, 2023): Properties projecting surplus cash are now eligible for amounts up to the Standard CSP cap for this operating period. Standard Requests are all CSP requests that fall at or below the $25,000 ceiling. Requests above $25,000 must meet all financial need criteria for Round IV and Round V.
- New types of Eligible Expenses have been added: Resident training on use of technology to access on-line property management portals and supportive services; Expansion of Capital Expenses to include costs to enhance outdoor seating spaces that support gatherings in environments with relatively lower risk of virus transmission.
- Claims can be made for all CSP Rounds if not previously submitted by a property – An owner can choose to submit a CSP request for previous rounds as well as the current Round V if applicable.
Your Standard or Non-Standard CSP Request should be emailed to CSP@nhcinc.org. If eligible, an Owner can submit one CSP Request form for each operating period identified on the form (there are 5 operating periods) or combined periods on a single form, for Standard Requests only. When emailing your CSP Request, please use the following subject line and file naming convention to assist us in the appropriate identification and routing of your request – one request per email. Documentation to support all Non-Standard Request should be included in the same email as a separate PDF attachment and named in the manner shown below. Our system allows up to 30MB of information.
Email Subject Line: Contract Number only (e.g., IL06XXXXXXX)
File Name for HUD form 52671-E: Contract Number_Standard (e.g., IL06XXXXXXX_Standard)
Non-Standard (NS) Requests:
Email Subject Line: Contract Number only (e.g.IL06XXXXXXX)
Fine Name for HUD form 52671-E: Contract Number_NS (e.g., IL06XXXXXXX_NS)
File Name for Support Documentation – Contract Number_NS_Invoices (e.g., IL06XXXXXXX_NS_Invoices)
IMPORTANT EMPHASIS POINTS:
- Five distinct operating periods: Round 1) 3/27 – 7/31/20, Round 2) 8/1 – 11/30/20; Round 3) 12/1/20 – 3/31/21, Round 4) 4/1/21 thru 10/31/21 and Round 5) 11/1/21 – 1/31/2023;
- Complete the form as instructed, to include a correct Assistance Contract Number, e.g., IL06XXXXXXX;
- To the extent possible, submit your request on the fillable PDF format. If your system does not allow you to sign in PDF format, you can submit your format on a scanned format. However, you must also include a completed fillable PDF format without the Owner’s signature so that NHC can e-sign the form and forward to HUD in fillable PDF format – see also Tips for Completing HUD Form 52671-E;
- CSP Request forms must be signed by the Owner or as authorized (on file) by the Owner [INCLUDE Owner Typed Name];
- For those of you who submitted during Round 1, 2,3 or 4, do not submit reimbursement for any expenses incurred and previously paid for those operating periods;
- For Non-Standard Requests (requests greater than $25,000), supporting documentation must be clear, concise and orderly, i.e., clearly labeled by CSP form line-item. NOTE: Any “Yes” on Line 25 of the CSP Form indicates a Non-Standard Request.
NHC’s role is to review each request and ensure that it is accurate and complete. Therefore, for Standard Requests, you only need to submit a completed HUD Form 52671-E: Property/Owner Information, Parts I-III and Part V, sign and date. For Non-Standard Requests, you must submit HUD Form 52671-E, complete Property/Owner Information, and all applicable Parts I-V; sign and date; AND submit documentation to support all eligible expenses.
We are expecting a large volume of CSP Requests during this round; therefore, requests that are incomplete, inaccurate or lack proper documentation will be returned for correction. We ask in these cases, if any, that you respond back with the requested information within 2 business days to ensure timely processing. Further, our system does not allow for multiple CSP requests in a single email – ENSURE EACH REQUEST IS SENT SEPARATELY.
You should receive your payment from NHC, separate from your monthly Voucher Payment, and the final payment schedule is ultimately determined by HUD.
Thank you for your cooperation and we look forward to once again providing you these additional CARES funds. Please feel free to contact Kim Lance directly for any questions: Kim.firstname.lastname@example.org.